Thursday 22 November 2012

Working out in Taipei

From the moment I came to Taipei I wanted to find somewhere to workout. I firstly looked at California Gym, which I didn't like due to the forceful approach the sales people have to try and get you to sign up to one of there absorbedly priced membership. All I wanted was a price per month or per session. After leaving with a bad impression of the place I then started looking at local council run gyms, which were miles cheaper (around 50NT per hour) and allow you to pay and go which is what I wanted. I found a good gym, which I still use, it's located next to Chiang Kei Shek Memorial Hall


http://www.jjsports.com.tw/booking.htm

It's not one of your fancy gyms where you'll see supermodels working out, but it suits my needs. They have a good selection of cardio equipment,  they have weight machines and benches for squats and chest. The free weight dumbells go up to 37kg, so if your looking for heavier you'll have to jump on a bench if you can get to one. The best time to go is early mornings or before 4:30pm when the college students start pouring in and rotating themselves on one machine which I hate. So If your looking for a place I would give this one a once over. There are other council run sport centres scattered over Taipei which offer similar pricing, but I'm not sure of what equipment they have. If you have any further questions please leave your comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment