Wednesday 21 November 2012

The video that made Geordie Dave famous in Taipei

If you've ever watched the news in Taipei you will see they tend to show a lot of Youtube videos. While the BBC are addressing current issues about war and the economy, Taiwan news will mostly consist of random people complaining, car accidents, food and the Youtube videos. Well let be start my firstly backtracking to before me and my wife came to Taiwan. When we lived in the UK we had previously came to Taipei to visit. While we were here we watched local TV a lot , and there was one reoccurring advert about some guy who could help you with your back troubles. The advert mainly consisted of the guy talking to camera and reading script. What made it funny was the fact he hardly moved, and you could see that he was reading his lines from a prompter. Anyway we decided one day after a couple of bottles of wine to remake the advert ourselves starring me as the guy. We posted it on Youtube and noting really happened. Until three months later my wife kept getting emails from friends in Taiwan say 'OMG your boyfriend's been on TV' or something along those lines. We checked our Youtube account and the numbers were crazy, one day hitting 45,000 viewers. The following video is the original, and what follows are some other videos of me on TV when I arrived in Taipei. The video is in Taiwanese which made it more appealing to the Taiwanese audience to see a foreign guy trying to imitate a popular advert. I hope you enjoy this, also If you can remember seeing it on TV let me know.

The original video 


I didn't like the comment this news presenter was saying about the video. The whole thing was a joke! not to be taken seriously.



In the following video Formosa TV took me to meet the guy from the video and had me try to rein-act the video with the guy. The whole experience was surreal. 








No comments:

Post a Comment